MoonDance Deserts/ Chocolate Cookie Bar
The product, Chocolate Cookie Bar by: MoonDance Deserts
- Price point: $8.00
- Weight: 12 oz.
was a subject of a review at one of our focus group here in Los Angeles. Here are the results:
Date of Product Evaluation: Sept 5, 2016
Focus Group Participants: 31
Average Age: 35 years old
Area of Residence: Southern California
Product Category: Gluten Free Food Type
Product Evaluated: MoonDance Deserts/ Chocolate Cookie Bar
Ratings Logic: Ratings are from 1 to 5, 5 being excellent. If the rating was strong or weak the number would be accompanied by a < or >, example: <4 would indicate that it was rated at a weak 4.
This product was among other gluten free deserts tested on:
- Product texture
- Aftertaste or residual experience - including smell
- Salt type and amount
- Ingredients used
- Organic/GMO free
- Integration and balance
- General questions - confusion on product ingredients used or other
The product was presented to each participant on a paper plate and plastic fork. They were asked to provide feedback on the following in the above list. The selection process asked if any of the members of the focus group worked in the food industry or had any affiliation with any of the companies.
- Is anyone allergic to any of the materials used in the product? 31 no (participants were also screened prior to being selected)
- Does GMO or Organic important? 22 yes / 5 undecided / 4 no
- Is the price reasonable? 11 yes
Product rating based upon the following average rating:
- Texture: 4.5
- Aftertaste experience: rated average: 5
- Sweetness: 2 (product was rated that it was too sweet)
- Salt type and amount: 2.5 - many 12 had questions on if the salt had the health quality of sea salt of Himalayan salt.
- Ingredients used: 2 Soy ingredients and in particular, soy lecithin was of concern by 27 participants and no concern with 4 of the 31.
Product overall rating: 4 out of 5
Summary: The product evaluated favorable however the rating on sweetness was the first noticeable dislike. Secondly because soy is 99% GMO, this also was a factor from those who did not accept GMO in their diet.