August 21, 2016
- Free Window Registry Repair 3.6 are all around free registry cleaners which contain no junk, no tools bars, no nagging. You will see a noticeable shorter startup and shutdown times.
Download and use both. I think Free Windows Registry Repair is superior. (Ron Dorsey)
Sticky Notes (Windows) - Free
August 23, 2012
Sticky Notes is one of the best utilities out there. It boast:
- has an alarm function with reoccurring times
- text to speech reader
- URL links become active hyperlinks
- Drag-and-drop URL to pad
Version 8.1 (May 30, 2017) Review
Homepage / From the author:
Version 8.1 (May 30, 2017)
- New Chrome extension with reliable look up and support for Replace in Chrome browser
- New words and senses
- Alt+D keyboard hotkey to focus lookup box
- Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 etc shortcuts for the dictionary tabs now work within web browser and add-on dictionary tabs
- Right click menu on a WordWeb's pronunciation text now gives option to copy the pronunciation text
WordWeb Pro can look up words in virtually any program with just one click: just hold down the Ctrl key and right-click on the word. If you are online, with one extra click you can also search web references, for example Wikipedia. The hotkey can be customized, or you can use a keyboard shortcut if you prefer.
- Definitions and usage examples
- Synonyms and many related words
- 5000 audio pronunciations
- 160 000 root words
- 220 000 word senses
- Fixed web reference tabs (Wikipedia)
- 70 000 audio pronunciations
- Add new words
- Custom glossaries and web references
- Optional add-on dictionaries and word lists
- Wildcard and full-text search
- Find and solve anagram
Free version / Pro version also includes features in the free version
Review by Ron Dorsey on WordWeb v. 8.1 Pro-edition/ free edition
Review: While staying resident (in memory) WordWeb is extremely useful for both composition and while reading. Just click on the word (to highlight it) and then click on the WordWeb icon and you will have ready definition(s). Although many modern-day browsers have a built-in word spellers, these word checkers are limited on trying to figure out what word you are trying to spell. I find WordWeb to be fast and has the ability to retrieve words, thesaurus, antonyms and synonyms.
I started with the free version and found myself often highlighting a word (double clicking) then click on the WordWeb icon, to learn how the word is used in context of the material I was reading. You can go on the net and look the word up but that is disruptive while reading. WordWeb allows just that if you wish, within WordWeb you may select to extend your knowledge and click on the Internet link.
Misspelling and grammatic errors are unforgivable and discounts your message.