Feb. 24, 2021 Basic needs for the intended use is what we want to achieve in this article.
For product development, prototyping:
- Dual Extrusion (2 heads) which are independent of one another - this allows you to create duplicates in the same time as it would take one copy
- Direct drive (the filament feeds directly into the heads with each head having integrated, its own motor)
- Easy to remove nozzles (no tools needed, easy access)
- Resume after power failure - when a print can take hours, you would want to have this function
- Auto filament detection - warns or pauses printing prior to the filament feed is empty